"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted.They seem not to notice us, hovering, averting our eyes, and they seldom offer thanks,but what we do for them is never wasted."


Bitter are the tears of a child: Sweeten them.

Deep are the thoughts of a child: Quiet them.

Sharp is the grief of a child: Take it from him.

Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.



Sunday, June 7, 2009


After a long plane ride, I arrived here yesterday afternoon at about 3:00 p.m. Chris was there to pick me up at the airport, and then he drove me home. It took us about 2 hours to get home, and when we arrived, Mara and the kids were sitting on the porch. Conor was jumping up and down and smiling this adorable smile...he was so excited that daddy and 'the new nanny' were finally home. We had dinner and then the kids showed me to my room. They had a cute basket with some of the essentials (shampoo, body wash, lotion, ect.) along with some magazines and cookies on my bed. The kids had also made me a poster with glitter glue that read, 'welcome!' and was decorated with all sorts of cute designs. It was adorable and made me feel at home instantly. I am loving it here...and I can't wait for everything else I am going to experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment